Okay, deep breath, we know it's hard but you have to have a little faith in yourself, cross your fingers cross your toes, your legs, your eyes, and your heart, because it takes a man to do what you're doing now. I mean you're alone now; your buddies are hiding in a bush a few yards away, all you have for company is the rose and box of chocolates you bought from the mall and that feeling of disillusioned animals running around in your stomach. A small branch hits you in the back of the head and you turn around to see a rather giggly bush.
"Go!" The bush calls out, and you turn to face you doom. There she is standing in her pretty dress, hair blowing in all directions, and a goofy grin spread across her face as she looks up at the sunset. It's like a movie, clichés and all. You start to run towards her, she catches sight and meets you in the middle of you path, she spies the candy and the rose and laughs a sweet laugh and hugs you. Happy Valentine's Day to you!
Yep, and then after you read this you feel horribly depressed because your darling despises chocolate and is allergic to rose pollen, what can you do? How can you cope? Are there anymore options besides Chocolates and roses or Valentine's Day Gift Baskets? Yes sir there are! Here are the top five most wonderful gifts to give to Women on Valentine's Day:
5. Good smelling things like lotions, perfumes and body washes, now it is okay to spend a bit extra to buy something that she will really appreciate, check in her shower and in her cupboards to see what smells she likes best.Ex. If she has peach soap, perfume ,and about a billion other things, it is most likely that she likes peach.
4. Day to Get Away to the spa or out with you, get away from it all.
3. A Piece of jewelry can be a statement of your love, try to find one that symbolizes her, a heart or a flower can be good starters, colors are also important if you don't know her birthstone maybe search for something that will match her eyes. But if in doubt drag her best friend to the jeweler too.
2. Complements are powerful, and us girls are suckers for them, remember not all things have to be physical, kind words are one of the most powerful tools you have.
1. A Card with something sentimental written in it, will be one of those things that never go out of style.
Have a great Valentine's Day and I wish you luck while shopping for your sweetie!
When I was a kid I was always on time. When it was time for a spelling test, never fear, I had studied and was ready. My chores were done in the morning. It was just who I was. In fact, Ioften did things ahed of time. But somewhere between college and real life I have found I truly procrastinate. So now, once again Christmas is almost here and I have not shopped for the people I love the most. And the people I like most days but I shuld show appreciation to (like my boss, the mail man who puts up with our barking dog, and my neighbor who always has a friendly hello). So what do I do?
After much research I have found that I can still get my shopping done, and get good deals as well, all without leaving home. Here are some of my finds. Next year I hope to do a better job but just in case I don’t Iam relieved to know I can get it done-and even in time.
A gift basket is a great last minute gift Idea. People love baskets. They can be filled with all sorts of stuff. I was amazed at a site called PLANET GIFT BASKETS. They have thought of everything and anything. They even have a perfect basket full of dark chocolate for my hard to buy for father n law.
I also found you can get great last minute gifts at OVERSTOCK. What I like about them is that they ship almost immediately. And they have everything. Even baby stuff for my new grand niece who lives in Idaho.
Another favorite site is AMAZON. know, it sounds generic but I was able to really compare prices and I found my son a guitar. The price was a special and it was cheaper than the black Friday sale (the one I mean to go to but procrastinated and planned poorly).
You really can find some great last minute gifts that will make you the most popular relative around. And don’t worry, there are stills sales and you can get in on the bargins. Just take your time and get going. Don’t put off tomorrow what you can do now. HA. Have a blessed Christmas while at it.